1. Weight Gain
Dates should be included as a part of a healthy diet. They consist of sugar, proteins and many essential vitamins. If dates are consumed with cucumber paste, you can keep your weight at a normal, balanced level, rather than over-slimming. One kilogram of dates contains almost 3,000 calories, and the calories in dates are sufficient to meet the daily requirements for a human body. Of course, you should not eat just dates throughout the day. If you are thin and slim and want to increase your weight, or if you are trying to build your muscles to impress some girl, or you have become weak due to a serious medical problem – you need to eat dates!
2. Skin Elasticity
- Dates are a good source of vitamin C and vitamin P. These help enhance the skin’s elasticity.
- The nutrients in dates also enhance the quality of the subcutaneous tissues, making your skin tender and smooth.
- Regular intake of dates can combat various skin problems, as well as strengthen the elasticity of your skin.
3. Healthy Heart
Dates are quite helpful in keeping your heart healthy. When they are soaked for the night, crushed in the morning and then consumed, they have been shown to have a positive effect on weak hearts. Dates are also a rich source of potassium, which studies have shown to reduce the risk of stroke and other heart related diseases. Furthermore, they are suggested as a healthy and delicious way to reduce the levels of LDL cholesterol in the body, which is a major contributing factor of heart attacks, heart disease, and stroke. Therefore, when taken twice a week, dates can seriously improve the overall health of the heart.
- Dates provide readily assimilable proteins that are required by the body.
- They are a rich source of the nutrients which are the main building blocks for muscles.
- Dates provide us with plenty of proteins, which are in turn very essential for the regular functioning of the body.
5. Energy Booster
Dates are high in natural sugars like glucose, fructose, and sucrose. Therefore, they are the perfect snack for an immediate burst of energy. Many people around the world use dates for a quick afternoon snack when they are feeling lethargic or sluggish. Often when you exercise in a gym, outside or even on a stretching machine at home, you feel exhausted, chewing few dates at such times helps you regain your energy immediately.
- Dates are also rich in various types of vitamins.
- It contains vitamins like B1, B2, B3, and B5, as well as A1 and C. You can easily consume most of your required dose of vitamins by making dates a part of your diet.
7. Abdominal Cancer
Research has pointed towards dates being a legitimate way to reduce the risk and impact of abdominal cancer. They work as a useful tonic for all age groups, and in some cases, they work better than traditional medicines, and are natural, so they don’t have any negative side effects on the human body. They can be quickly and easily digested for a quick boost of energy.
Although dates carry tremendous nutritional values, great care should be taken in their selection because their surface is very sticky, which often attracts various impurities. Therefore, you should only consume dates that are processed and packaged properly. Also, make sure to wash them thoroughly before you eat them, as this will help remove the impurities present on the surface.